Equality requirements and procedures
- Accessibility plan: requirements Your school must have an accessibility plan. Find out what your plan needs to include, and follow our step-by-step guide to make sure you stay compliant.
- Accessibility plans: audit checklists Get guidance on carrying out an accessibility audit as part of your duty to have an accessibility plan. Find out who to consult and see examples from schools and local councils.
- Daily collective worship: requirements and guidance Find out about your requirements for providing collective worship and how to go about holding it. Be clear on whether pupils and teachers can withdraw.
- Equality Act 2010 Schools have specific duties under the Equality Act 2010. Be clear on how the Act protects people and what your duties are.
- Equality Act 2010: reasonable adjustments Understand how to provide reasonable adjustments for pupils, staff and parents/carers with disabilities - including for school trips and after-school clubs.
- Equality impact assessment: template and guidance Download and adapt our template equality impact assessment (EIA) to help you account for equality when writing or reviewing your policies.
- Gender pay gap reporting: template and requirements If you have more than 250 employees in your school, you need to publish and report specific figures about your school's gender pay gap. Find out how to calculate the figures and use our template to present your data.
- Single equality schemes: examples You're no longer required to produce a single equality scheme, but may still find it useful to do so. See examples from primaries, secondaries and special schools.
- The Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) in schools Schools are required to comply with the PSED. Understand what that means and find out the information your school could publish to demonstrate compliance. You can also see examples from primary, secondary and special schools.