Building and site management
- Displaying information in school Understand your requirements to display certain information around the school, and read tips on how best to present information in your reception area and staffroom.
- Information for school visitors Find out what information should be shared with visitors to your school and in what format, including safeguarding and practical advice. Also see examples of how other schools communicate with visitors.
- Maintenance of school premises: duties It's good practice for you to carry out premises inspections to help you stay compliant with your statutory duties under health and safety law. Read guidance on your statutory duties and the areas you should inspect, relating to asbestos, electrical equipment and fire safety.
- Managing contractors for premises work: health and safety guidance Familiarise yourself with health and safety guidance on using contractors for premises works, and find a checklist from the Health and Safety Executive to help you keep track.
- Premises hire: guidance Understand what you need to consider before letting out your school premises, including how to set rates and how to approve the hirer.
- Rolling maintenance schedule: template Stay on top of decoration and maintenance at your school by downloading our rolling maintenance schedule and following our guidance on maintaining your school building.
- School premises maintenance: checklist Use our checklist to help you maintain your premises and meet your statutory health and safety duties. It outlines how often you should carry out tasks, separating daily, weekly, termly and annual duties.