Changes and challenges in education
Changes and challenges in education
- Coronavirus: current state-of-play Coronavirus continues to affect staff and pupils. Find out what the latest guidance says and read advice on how you can adapt to live with COVID-19.
- Industrial action: FAQs Get answers to your questions about strike action. Find out about your rights and responsibilities, and how to respond to industrial action.
- Industrial action: risk assessment and arrangements for staying open Get your head around your requirements and options for keeping your school safely open during staff strikes. Download and adapt our risk assessment to help you decide if you need to close.
- Schools white paper 2022: summary Find out about upcoming and potential policy changes and what they mean for your school or trust. Plans include new attainment targets in literacy and numeracy, an academy-led education system and a drive to increase attendance.
- SEND and AP improvement plan: summary Dig into the details of the SEND and alternative provision (AP) improvement plan. Understand how the government intends to reform the SEND and AP system, and get an idea of timelines.
- Staff factsheet: AI in schools NewGet your head around the basics of generative AI, including ChatGPT, and what it means for your school. Share this information with your staff and governors or trustees, to get everyone on the same page.
- Sustainability and climate change: summary of the DfE's strategy The government has published its sustainability strategy to improve the education sector’s response to climate change by 2030. Find out what it's planning to introduce and when, and how your school will be affected.
- DfE launches consultation on changes to behaviour and exclusion guidance 4 Feb 2022 09:29 New national behaviour benchmark and exclusions applied for safeguarding reasons, included in proposed changes.
- DfE publishes new statutory guidance on the cost of school uniform 19 Nov 2021 08:51 The new guidance requires schools to make sure that the total cost of their uniform is affordable for parents.
- DfE updates guidance on behaviour, searches and exclusions Updated guidance on pupil behaviour, searches, and suspensions and exclusions will come into effect on 1 September. Be alert to the upcoming changes now.
- DfE updates suspensions and permanent exclusions guidance NewUpdated guidance will come into effect on 1 September 2023. Be alert to the upcoming changes now.
- Emerade adrenaline pens recalled NewContact parents/carers of pupils with allergies to let them know about the recall. Check the brand of any adrenaline auto-injectors (AAIs) your school has and replace them if necessary.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) updated for 2022 20 May 2022 14:02 KCSIE 2022 has landed. There aren't any huge announcements, but be clear on the most important changes now.
- KS2 SATs dates changed - now Tuesday 9 May to Friday 12 May 2023 The Key Stage (KS) 2 assessment timetable has changed by 1 day to accommodate the extra bank holiday on Monday 8 May 2023. Teacher assessments and other end of Key Stage assessments are not affected.
- STPCD 2021 published 4 Oct 2021 10:30 Teachers on the main and upper pay ranges can receive TLR3 payments to cover catch-up tutoring in response to the pandemic, and working days are reduced to 194 for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee bank holiday.
- STPCD 2022 published All teachers will get a 5% pay increase, with higher increases for those on some parts of the main pay range. Working days are reduced to 194 this school year to reflect the bank holiday for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.