Changes and challenges in education
- Changes in education 2022/23 Get up to speed on the key changes to government guidance that are likely to affect your school this academic year, and find resources to help you take action.
- Coronavirus: current state-of-play Coronavirus continues to affect staff and pupils. Find out what the latest guidance says and read advice on how you can adapt to live with COVID-19.
- Industrial action: FAQs Get answers to your questions about strike action. Find out about your rights and responsibilities, and how to respond to industrial action.
- Industrial action: risk assessment and arrangements for staying open Get your head around your requirements and options for keeping your school safely open during staff strikes. Download and adapt our risk assessment to help you decide if you need to close.
- Schools white paper 2022: summary Find out about upcoming and potential policy changes and what they mean for your school or trust. Plans include new attainment targets in literacy and numeracy, an academy-led education system and a drive to increase attendance.
- SEND and AP improvement plan: summary Dig into the details of the SEND and alternative provision (AP) improvement plan. Understand how the government intends to reform the SEND and AP system, and get an idea of timelines.
- Staff factsheet: AI in schools NewGet your head around the basics of generative AI, including ChatGPT, and what it means for your school. Share this information with your staff and governors or trustees, to get everyone on the same page.
- Sustainability and climate change: summary of the DfE's strategy The government has published its sustainability strategy to improve the education sector’s response to climate change by 2030. Find out what it's planning to introduce and when, and how your school will be affected.