Incident planning and response
- Accident recording and reporting: requirements and guidance Get to grips with the statutory requirements for recording and reporting accidents and incidents on your school site, including the additional rules for early years settings and special schools.
- Business continuity plans Have a look at examples of business continuity plans, including local authority templates and plans from primary, secondary and special schools.
- Emergency school closures: guidance Understand when you can close your school in an emergency. Find out how and when to contact your local authority and parents, and how to request an Ofsted inspection deferral due to emergency closure.
- Fire drills: guidance Understand best practice around running fire drills, and see examples of fire drill and evacuation information from a school and a local authority.
- Fire safety: emergency evacuation procedures Learn about your school's requirements for fire evacuation and see example fire evacuation plans.
- Personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs): templates See templates for personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs) for individuals with disabilities, including examples from schools, local authorities and the government. Also, get tips on how to write a PEEP.
- Recording violent incidents: template and examples See examples of forms from schools, and download our template to add to your existing policies on violent and aggressive behaviour.