Government bursaries and grants
- Capital funding: condition improvement fund Get to grips with everything you need to know about the condition improvement fund (CIF) – find out if you're eligible, what it can cover and how much you could get.
- Capital funding: school condition allocation Find out about the school condition allocation (SCA), a capital funding grant for large trusts and voluntary aided (VA) bodies.
- Coronavirus: additional funding for your school Get a handle on the coronavirus catch-up premium and coronavirus recovery premium. Download our report template to make it easier to publish how you've used your funding.
- Devolved formula capital funding Devolved formula capital (DFC) is a source of capital funding for maintained schools and academies. Learn about how much your school will get, how it's allocated and the rules you need to follow when spending it.
- National Tutoring Programme: summary Find out your requirements for using the National Tutoring Programme. Understand how the funding is allocated, what you can spend it on, and how to maximise its impact on pupils' learning.
- Primary PE and sport premium: summary Find out the payment dates and allocations for 2022/23 and be clear on how you can spend the grant.
- Service pupil premium (SPP) funding The service pupil premium (SPP) provides schools with funding to support pupils with parents in the regular armed forces. Find out which pupils are eligible, how you can identify them and understand how your school can spend the premium.
Trust capacity fund: who's eligible and how to apply
The fund is primarily for trusts to take on underperforming schools in areas of higher need. Find out if you're eligible, how much you could get, and how to apply.
For Trust Leaders
Trust establishment and growth funding: who's eligible and how to apply
Apply for this grant if you're creating a new multi-academy trust (MAT) or expanding an existing one into a new area. Find out if you're eligible, how much you could get and how to apply.
For Trust Leaders
- Universal infant free school meals (UIFSM): eligibility and funding Understand how your school is funded for providing universal infant free school meals (UIFSM) and the rules on spending the grant.
- Post-16 funding in 2023/24 UpdatedFind out how sixth forms are funded in the 2023/24 academic year under the current funding formula. You'll also find information about the 16 to 19 bursary fund.
- EYFS: funding entitlements Get to grips with the funding you're entitled to for 3- and 4-year-olds in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Understand the difference between universal and additional entitlements when it comes to the early years national funding formula (EYNFF).
- Free school meals (FSM): funding Mainstream schools should use their core budget allocations to provide FSM to pre-16 pupils, and can receive funding for disadvantaged post-16 pupils. Find out how much you'll get and learn how FSM are funded in special schools.
- Funding for pupils with SEN Get to grips with how provision for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) is funded in your school.
- How academies are funded Find out how your general annual grant (GAG) funding is calculated, and what government funding you're entitled to on top of your GAG.
- How alternative provision is funded Find out how pupil referral units (PRUs), alternative provision (AP) academies and free schools are funded from the 'high needs block'.
- How maintained schools are funded Get to grips with how maintained mainstream schools are funded in 2022-23. Find out about the national funding formula (NFF), as well as the other streams of funding that feed into your school's budget.
- How special schools are funded Learn how special schools receive their funding, including how place funding and top-up funding are allocated.
- National funding formula: a summary Learn which factors are included in the national funding formula (NFF), and what the current transitional state of the NFF means for your school.
- School census: determining funding allocations Data you submit in census returns is used to determine your school's funding. Read on to see which funding data is collected on each census return. Also learn how to address errors in census returns.
- Top-up funding for pupils with high needs Find out about top-up funding for pupils with high needs, including how you can access it and what you can spend it on.