Internal assessment (primary)
- Assessing progress in foundation subjects (primary) Understand how to assess effectively in foundation subjects. Mix and match 6 assessment activities to help you, and see how a primary school has approached foundation subject assessment.
- How to assess reading (primary) Find guidance on how to assess reading, and examples of reading assessment grids from schools.
- How to moderate teacher assessments: primary As a middle leader, learn how to conduct effective moderation exercises to help teachers make accurate and consistent judgements of pupils’ progress. Use our templates to help you moderate reading, writing and maths.
- Progression grids: primary Progression grids can help teachers understand what progress looks like for their pupils. Have a look at these examples of subject and skills progression grids to help you develop your own.
- Setting targets in primary schools Get to grips with what you need to consider when setting targets, and see examples of different approaches other primary schools have taken.
- Standardising writing samples: templates and resources (primary) Use our templates to assess how pupils' writing samples meet attainment targets for KS1 and KS2 English in the National Curriculum. Create standardised writing samples so you can be sure that staff have a consistent approach to marking pupils' work.
- Key Stage 1 and 2 assessments: access arrangements Prepare for KS1 and 2 SATs with guidance on the types of access arrangements available, which pupils may need additional support and the deadlines for applications.
- Key Stage 1 and 2 grammar, punctuation and spelling tests Find out which pupils you need to administer the KS1 and KS2 grammar, punctuation and spelling (GPS) tests to, and understand the format of the tests.
- Key Stage 2 SATs in 2023 Get an overview of how KS2 SATs will work in 2023. Download and share this QuickRead with colleagues as a ready-made resource.
- Key Stage 2 SATs results in 2023 Results for KS2 SATs in 2023 will be available on 11 July 2023. Download our parent factsheet to help parents understand their children's results, and see our summary of test scoring and key dates for the summer term.
- Year 4 multiplication tables check: requirements and guidance UpdatedYou're required to administer the multiplication tables check between 5 and 23 June 2023. Find out what you need to do, including how to log in to the online system and how pupils can access practice tests.
Tracking progress (primary)
- Assessing and monitoring pupils' progress in maths (primary) See how you can assess and monitor pupils' progress in maths using different resources.
- Monitoring the progress of vulnerable pupils: gathering evidence See what data you can use when monitoring the progress of vulnerable pupils, and find tools to help you track behaviour and wellbeing.
- Pupil premium: tracking pupil progress Analyse the impact of your pupil premium interventions by downloading our tracking tool. Use it to help you make your funding go further, and to make sure your plans are impact-focused.
- Tracking progress in science (primary) See examples of progression and tracking grids that primary schools are using to set clear expectations and track progress in science. Use them to understand the options available to your school.