Internal assessment (primary)
- Assessing progress in foundation subjects (primary) Understand how to assess effectively in foundation subjects. Mix and match 6 assessment activities to help you, and see how a primary school has approached foundation subject assessment.
- How to assess reading (primary) Find guidance on how to assess reading, and examples of reading assessment grids from schools.
- How to moderate teacher assessments: primary As a middle leader, learn how to conduct effective moderation exercises to help teachers make accurate and consistent judgements of pupils’ progress. Use our templates to help you moderate reading, writing and maths.
- Progression grids: primary Progression grids can help teachers understand what progress looks like for their pupils. Have a look at these examples of subject and skills progression grids to help you develop your own.
- Setting targets in primary schools Get to grips with what you need to consider when setting targets, and see examples of different approaches other primary schools have taken.
- Standardising writing samples: templates and resources (primary) Use our templates to assess how pupils' writing samples meet attainment targets for KS1 and KS2 English in the National Curriculum. Create standardised writing samples so you can be sure that staff have a consistent approach to marking pupils' work.