You are here:
Key Stage 2 SATs: which pupils shouldn't take them?
Be clear on who should and shouldn't sit the Key Stage (KS) 2 SATs. If you withdraw pupils, download and adapt our template to help you meet your requirements around informing parents of your decision.
- Do all pupils have to take the KS2 tests?
- If you follow the ARA, you must register all pupils
- Headteachers decide which pupils take the tests
- Pupils that should take the tests
- Pupils that shouldn't take the tests
- Pupils don't have to sit all the tests
- Withdrawing pupils: use our template to meet your requirements
- Parents can appeal your decision
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.