Remote and blended learning
Whether you're delivering remote learning to self-isolating bubbles or individual pupils, use these resources to help you.
Be prepared for remote learning
Make sure you're ready to go online at a moment's notice.
Safeguard pupils during remote learning
Keep your pupils safe when you switch to remote learning.
Get pupils and staff the tech they need
Distribute your tech to those that need it and use our template loan form to keep track of your equipment.
Plus, see how you can get devices for free or at a reduced cost.
Find out how other schools are delivering the best possible live lessons for pupils learning from home.
- Remote learning: how 5 primary schools use formative assessment in live lessons
- Remote learning: how 5 secondary schools use formative assessment in live lessons
- Remote learning: how to provide opportunities for peer interaction
- How 4 primary schools are making excellent use of G Suite for Education or Office 365 Education
- How 4 secondary schools are making excellent use of G Suite for Education or Office 365 Education
- Remote learning: how to make the best use of small group sessions
Discover how you can make blended learning a little easier to manage without doubling workload for teachers.
Assessment and feedback
Effective assessment and feedback is one of the biggest challenges of remote learning.
Learn from schools that have used innovative approaches (from virtual whiteboard tools and quizzes, to simulating a walk around the room) to check pupils' understanding and help them to progress.
Remote learning is more effective when pupils have the chance to collaborate with their peers, according to research from the Education Endowment Foundation.
See how other schools are providing opportunities for their pupils to work together - a great way to provide pastoral and academic support.
Support parents of pupils with SEND or pupils who have EAL
Pupils who have SEND or EAL may face additional barriers to successful remote learning.
Get advice on how to provide the best support possible to pupils and their families.
Tracking the quality of your provision
Find out how to monitor and tackle low engagement with remote learning, and see strategies you can use to help you monitor remote teaching (such as virtual pupil pursuits and remote lesson observations).