SIAMS inspections: what you need to know
Get ready for your next SIAMS inspection with our summary of the evaluation schedule, and check you're clear on the relationship between these inspections and those conducted by Ofsted.
Please note: all inspections for the 2022/23 academic year will be carried out under the current framework (see the section below).
There will be a new SIAMS framework from September 2023
Your school will be awarded 1 of 2 judgements, not a grade: Judgement 1 (J1): 'through its vision and practice, the school is living up to its foundation as a Church school and is enabling pupils and adults to flourish' Judgement 2 (J2): 'the school’s vision and practice are not enabling it to fully live up to its foundation as a Church school. This is for the following reason/s...' There will be a sharper focus on your school’s theologically rooted Christian vision High-level inspection questions will replace lists of criteria The inspection will look for evidence of impact There will be 6 inspection questions all schools will be asked: How does the school’s theologically rooted Christian vision enable pupils
Also in 'Preparing for inspection'
- How to follow up an Ofsted inspection at one of your schools
- How to keep governors Ofsted-ready
- Ofsted inspection: curriculum FAQs
- Ofsted inspection: curriculum FAQs for small schools, special schools, PRUs and AP settings
- Ofsted pre-inspection checklist
- Role of school office staff in an Ofsted inspection