Questions Ofsted might ask EYFS staff
Share these questions with your Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) staff so they can prepare for an inspection under the 2021 framework. Each question includes suggestions of evidence they could use to support their answers.
Questions for EYFS staff
Share these questions with your Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) staff. They're based on:
- Questions EYFS leaders have been asked under the 2019 Education Inspection Framework
- The School Inspection Handbook
- Advice from our associate education experts Alvin Jeffs, Mary Myatt, Gulshan Kayembe, Andrew Lagden and Rebecca Fisk
Questions cover the following areas:
- Internal assessment/tracking data – inspectors won’t ask to see this, but you can use it as evidence to demonstrate a point. We’ve included some follow-up questions inspectors might ask if you do decide to use it
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Personal development
- Effectiveness of leadership and management in the EYFS (these ones are aimed at the EYFS leader)
Prepare your support staff
Inspectors might decide to talk to your EYFS support staff about your school's culture in relation to pupils' behaviour, support for staff and other systems.
School vision and