Action plans for writing (primary)
Download and adapt our Key Stage (KS) 2 writing action plan template to help you create your own. Find suggestions on how to improve writing in your school, and see examples from other schools.
Download our template KS2 writing action plan
Use our sample action plan to:
- Get an idea of what to include in your school's plan
- Find suggestions for how to achieve improvements in 3 areas through 3 lenses:
- Top-level: Reinforcing the writing process across all year groups
- In practice: Developing pupils’ ability to produce well-structured writing that’s fit for purpose and in line with the formal structures of English (spelling, punctuation and grammar (SPAG))
- For pupils: Making explicit links between reading, vocabulary development and writing skills
Adapt this plan to suit your school's priorities, as outlined in your school improvement plan (SIP).
Consider these interventions to help your lowest 20%
Read more about raising attainment in