SEND Code of Practice: staff briefing
Use our presentation to help your teachers and TAs understand their responsibilities under the SEND Code of Practice, including how to work with your SENCO, and how you provide SEN support in your school.
30-minute briefing: summary of the SEND Code of Practice, teacher and TA responsibilities, and how to work with your SENCO
Use this presentation to make sure all teaching staff (including TAs) are aware of their roles and responsibilities when it comes to SEND.
The briefing is adaptable so you can personalise it to your school's context.
- A summary of what the SEND Code of Practice says, and what this means in practice
- Teachers' and TAs' responsibilities under the SEND Code of Practice
- How to work with your SENCO
- How you support pupils with SEN in your school
- The 'graduated approach' and how this works
- The 4 main areas of need
- EHC plans, and what they mean for teachers and TAs
Please note that