Medicines management: staff briefing
Get your staff up to speed on what they need to know about when and how to administer medication in your school, storing medication and administering it on school trips. Cement their understanding with our interactive activities and summary handout to take away.
30-minute briefing: medicines management
Use this presentation to get all of your staff confident about their duties in relation to medicines management.
- What your school’s duties are relating to medicines management, and what staff might be asked to do
- When to administer medication
- How to administer medication
- What happens if a child refuses their medication
- How to store medication
- Giving medication on school trips
Note: select 'enable editing' to view the below downloads if the formatting is affected by your specific version of Word or PowerPoint.
In advance of the session:
- Adapt the yellow highlighted text on the slide or in the facilitator notes (slides 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17)
- Decide if you’re using slides 7 and 8 (primary) or 9 and 10 (secondary)
- Familiarise yourself with your school’s medicines management policy or protocols
Use these facilitator notes as your step-by-step guide to preparing