Teachers' pay and progression
- Pay award for teachers in 2022 Find the pay ranges from the STPCD all in one place, including the teacher pay ranges and teaching and learning responsibility (TLR) payments for 2022/23. Be clear on how to apply them.
- Pay progression on the MPR and UPR Teachers employed under the STPCD must be considered for pay progression annually. See guidance on judging teacher performance on the main pay range (MPR) and upper pay range (UPR). You'll also find expert advice on how to assess teachers' performance and who ultimately makes the decision.
- Recruitment and retention awards Read guidance, including union advice, on when staff can receive recruitment or retention awards. Download our template letter for notifying teachers when you want to grant a payment.
- School teachers' pay and progression: summary table Download our summary table to see the STPCD's rules on teacher pay ranges, eligibility criteria, possible allowances and professional standards - from an unqualified teacher through to the headteacher.
- Teachers' pay award 2022: cheat sheet Unsure how the latest changes to teacher pay affect your school? Get up to speed with our cheat sheet.
- Teachers' pay grant: what you need to know Understand how the teachers' pay grant is funded. Find out who is eligible, how your school's allocation will be calculated, and how you can spend the grant.
- Unqualified teachers: pay Make sure you know how much unqualified teachers should be paid in your school. Take a look at our overview of the pay range and allowances for unqualified teachers, and how to manage their pay progression.