- Accounting officer: role and responsibilities Understand the accounting officer's responsibilities, what happens if they're absent and where to access training for this role.
Accounting officer vs chief financial officer (CFO): role comparison
Your trust must appoint an accounting officer and a chief financial officer. Learn who can fulfil these roles, how they’re different and what their main responsibilities are.
For Trust Leaders
- Deputy headteacher (primary): role and responsibilities Understand the role and responsibilities of a deputy headteacher in a primary school and which duties might be appropriate for a deputy head in your school.
- Deputy vs assistant headteacher: role comparison Understand the similarities and key differences between deputy and assistant headteachers and get to grips with which might work best in your school.
- Executive headteacher: role and responsibilities Understand the role and responsibilities of an executive headteacher and how it differs from the role of a school headteacher.
- Headteacher vs head of school: role comparison Understand the difference between a headteacher and a head of school, including how their responsibilities and pay scales differ.
- New headteacher resource hub Resources and advice to help you in your new role as a headteacher.
- New headteachers: taking your first steps Use our checklist to find out what to do before you start, and get guidance on what you should prioritise in the early weeks of headship - so you can confidently hit the ground running in your new headteacher role.
- Phase leader: role and responsibilities Get to grips with the nature of the role and the responsibilities of a phase leader or Key Stage leader, so you can develop an effective model of middle leadership.
- School business manager (SBM): role and responsibilities Understand the role and responsibilities of a school business manager (SBM) and which duties might be appropriate for the role in your school.
- SENCO: requirements and qualifications Be clear which types of schools are required to appoint a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), and what qualifications they'll need for the post.
- SENCO: role and responsibilities Get an overview of the special educational needs co-ordinator's (SENCO) role and a list of their main responsibilities.
- Subject leader: role and responsibilities Get to grips with the nature of the role and the responsibilities of a subject leader, so you can develop an effective model of middle leadership.